Friday, March 12, 2010

1, 2, 3 - Roll Over

Parker is pushing six months and the dude has yet to even attempt to roll over. He lies on his back and just stares at me. He plays on his stomach and just lays his head on the floor when he's tired. Seriously kid...it is time for you to roll over.

My next strategy - placing scattered toys all around him, just outside of his reach. He could have cared less that they where there. He just started playing with his bib. Frustrated at the little monkey, I rolled him on his side...and there he stayed. Really. He balanced on his side. One leg casually thrown over the other. He would turn his head to look directly behind him and I would hold my breath with anticipation. That movement was sure to end with him on his back. Nope. He would look back towards me and start babbling.

The best part (besides that Parker smile he kept throwing my direction), my "Parker. 1, 2, 3...Roll Over" is the same pitch and tone that I use when talking to our dog Pismo.

Parenthood. Funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment