Thursday, October 15, 2009

Off to the cabin we go...

We had our first weekend away at our family cabin in Arnold, California. In the past, going to the cabin consisted of watching movies, playing golf, cooking dinner and let's not forget the Bob Thomas nightly cocktail hour. The cabin with Parker was a different experience, but still wonderful.

I started the day at 4:30 a.m. I was up after a feeding so I thought, might as well get packing. I had two of us to pack. I started gathering Parker's things - warm clothes, lots of blankets, pacifiers, bouncy seat, play gym, stroller, car seat - and stepped back an hour later in awe of what I needed to take for the baby. It then took me another five hours to shower, pack my stuff and of course feed and love the baby throughout the process.
My mom arrived at 12:30 in the afternoon. I began to load the car...and we officially ran out of room. The two of us, Parker, Bella the puppy, and all of our stuff just would not all fit. It was quite comical. We were going away for three days. I wish I had a picture of the car.

We made it to the cabin nine hours after I started packing. We had a lovely time doing many of our normal activities and dreaming of the day when Parker would go fishing, enroll as a Junior Ranger at Big Trees State Park, and of course play golf with Daddy and Grandpa!




Everything is just a little bit sweeter with Parker in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment