Monday, September 20, 2010

Spoon fed.

It has been a while since my last post. I would like to say it is because we have been busy; however, it is really because I loose everything that crosses my path including our camera charger! Thanks to Chris, we have a charger again and I am happy to be back to the blog. It is so much fun to reflect on the times with my family. It is so fun to track Parker's progress. It is just a little way that I can keep the memories alive!

Parker has been feeding himself with his hands for months. In fact, once he discovered that he could feed himself, he stopped letting us feed him anything with a baby spoon. Occasionally he will give us the great pleasure of feeding him with our spoon...occasionally.

Tonight, as Chris and I were cooking dinner we decided to give Parker some applesauce and a spoon. It was just the most fun to watch. Parker first tried to drink the applesauce. That was not working all that well so he moved to shoveling it in his mouth with is fingers. That proved to be a bit slow and messy. I showed him how to use a spoon and he watched me scoop the sauce and then would grab mid way to his mouth. After a few tries he finally got the spoon in his mouth...upside down. He was so incredibly proud (and so were we!).

I have said it before and I will say it again. Parker is absolutely the best and it is so much fun to watch him learn and figure things out!

No comments:

Post a Comment