Thursday, September 24, 2009

Who is the most qualified?

Here is a story for you...

My family and the nurses did a fabulous job of keeping me calm before rolling into the operating room for an emergency C-section. The room was full of laughter, and my father, Grandpa Bob added to the comedy relief.
Many of you know that he was in a medical brigade for the National Guard. He worked with physicians and nurses, ran trauma exercises, and even learned some basic medical "procedures."

Grandpa Bob was sitting against the wall in my room before Parker was born and casually said, "you know, outside of the medical professionals in the room, I am the most qualified person to go into the operating room." Marcie, one of my nurses casually took the bait and replied, "oh really, why is that?" My father's response...ready for it? No really are you ready for it...


"Well, I trached a goat once."


Marcie's response, "yeah, cause this is exactly like that."

Such a classic moment and wonderful memory! So to all of our family and friends, Grandpa Bob is available for all major surgeries and medical procedures. Outside of the trained medical professionals, he is the most qualified guy to help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment