Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome Oscar

We have a new member in our family, Oscar the turtle (Oscar is a girl).  Grandma Thomas passed away this month and the family asked if we wanted to take Oscar, her desert tortuous, home with us for Parker to enjoy.

Grandma found the tortuous in 1986 in Nevada and I have memories of Oscar walking around my Grandma's backyard.

So far, it is going well.  We built a turtle run in the side yard of our house and let her out in the evenings to roam around and get antiquated to his new home.  

 Just a side note - Chris posted this picture to Facebook and people commented on how cute of a picture it was of me.  Guess I need to pose next to a prehistoric, wrinkly animal more often.  I joked that his shell brought out the green in my eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment